Out of the 70+ benefits of consuming vegetables in the diet
Here is the BMT top 5 green vegetables for spring
- One cup of Kale has 5 grams of fibre which makes is a very good choice for supporting healthy digestion and elimination. It’s also filled with nutrients such as folate and magnesium to support replication of DNA.
- Artichokes are high in antioxidants! The artichoke antioxidant protects liver cells from damage as well as lowering the risk of liver fat.
- Asparagus is a well-known diuretic increasing the excretion of urine from the body! But did you know that this little veggie is cram packed with goodies such as vitamins A, C, E, K, and B6, as well as folate, iron, copper, calcium, some protein, and fibre.
- Celery is a fantastic vegetable for athletes as it quickly replaces lost nutrients and sodium naturally. Just three celery stalks will provide one of your five a day vegetable portions!
- Broccoli has a very long list of benefits! This veggie should be added to your diet if you are not eating it; and increased if you are already eating it. The vitamin K in broccoli will support bone density, the antioxidants will help clean up daily by-products of living called oxidants and the fibre will support happy healthy colons.